As an audit, tax and advisory firm, KPMG is known for providing strategic insight that gets results. Our team has a reputation for delivering actionable knowledge with a high degree of multidisciplinary experience and skill. With around 1000+ employees and partners working in seven New Zealand offices, we know that our people are our strength and our future.
When you join KPMG, you’ll collaborate with some of the most talented and innovative people in the profession, across all areas of our business to bring our strategy to life every day. You’ll become part of a network of colleagues who share ideas and inspire you to excel and build your career. We want you to be better tomorrow than you are today. If you’re ready to imagine where your success can take you, we’re ready to help you get there.
We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
“Tītokona tō tātou tōnuitanga, mō Aotearoa, mō Tātou”
Now more than ever, an auditor’s work is forward thinking, innovative and brings you straight to the heart of business issues. Our clients look to our Audit professionals to provide high-quality financial statement audits and IT audits, as well as industry insight and valuable perspectives.
Our Audit team at KPMG takes you behind the scenes of some of the world’s most renowned companies, allowing you to provide market leading insight, critically informed solutions and trustworthy expertise to understand every aspect of a business from the inside out.
Our Technology Risk Audit team provides advice and assurance on our clients’ technology risks and controls. This team focuses on how IT information and data is processed and how it relates to our clients IT services and technology assets.
Most of our work is carried out on client sites, working side by side to determine whether their accounts are true and fair or meet their IT compliance and governance obligations.
Could Audit be for you? Definitely, if:
- You are seeking access to the best tools and technologies to compete in our fast-moving market.
- You want to put those investigative skills to work by gaining insider knowledge of complex and dynamic businesses.
- You’ve always wanted to travel; you could undertake a secondment to another country within the KPMG global network.
- You’ve focused your university studies in the fields of Accounting, Finance or Business Analysis, with the introduction of big data, analytics and the transformation of technology. For our Technology Risk team, you’ll have an interest in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or Information Systems. The role of an Auditor is ever changing and evolving.
- Gain wide business experience, across different industries and business functions.
- Work with and learn about a huge variety of clients many of whom are iconic New Zealand and international organisations.
- Work with both technology and non-technology approaches to solving client challenges and unlock their opportunities.
- Have no day that is the same – love the unexpected and enjoy huge variety in what you do.
- Work on anything from Business Strategy, Customer Experience, Supply Chain, Project and Program Management, Process Automation, Technology Strategy, Risk and Compliance, Cyber-Security, Corporate Governance and Risk Management to Forensics.
- Want to continually learn and be continually challenged.
- Have fun and work as part of a dynamic, vibrant team! What we do is a team sport and we’re always on the lookout for talented individuals to join us as we grow and expand.
Risk Consulting – Marie
Management Consulting – Tanushqa
Risk Consulting – Arna
Technology Consulting – Ruurd
Do you want to make an impact from day one? Our Private Enterprise practice works alongside New Zealand’s privately-owned businesses to help them meet their business goals.
With over one thousand organisations our clients range from retail businesses to national trusts, from kiwifruit companies to manufacturers and government departments to personal investment portfolios. Your role could include the preparation of financial statements, tax calculations and data analytics – especially in respect to cash flows and audit work. Private Enterprise helps businesses start, grow, strengthen, and potentially transition.
We provide support in business planning, start-up financing, business strategy and all of this is often underpinned by assisting with their corporate and personal tax needs as well.
As a business grows, Private Enterprise may assist with financing and M&A, international expansion and even technology solutions. Regardless of a Private Enterprise client’s stage we recognise their business won’t be standing still and our team will understand what it takes for them to be successful. Private Enterprise is great for:
- Working towards your CA/CPA qualification.
- Gaining invaluable experience across a range of industries, working with all types of clients.
- Developing relationships with your clients, and directly contributing to their success.
- Building strong networks and making a difference within the New Zealand business community.
- Using your entrepreneurial streak to try new things in your work.
Lighthouse is KPMG’s centre of excellence for Data, Analytics, Intelligent Automation, Artificial Intelligence, and other data-driven technologies. Our team deliver solutions that transform our clients businesses and help achieve their goals.
Lighthouse balances technological know-how with business knowledge. We leverage a significant toolkit of global KPMG methodologies, platforms, and solutions alongside relationships with technological leaders like Google, Amazon and Microsoft to turn business data into tangible value.
The team leverages technologies to build and deliver solutions that transform the business of our clients – and in so doing improve their customer journeys and experiences, identify and achieve greater cost efficiencies, identify revenue and profitability growth opportunities, and improve early detection of fraud, customer churn and regulatory non-compliance.
Lighthouse could be for you if you want to:
- Tackle complex client problems across a range of public or private organisations using novel data-driven approaches.
- Build enterprise data solutions and pipelines using best of breed technologies.
- Work as part of a team to develop innovative digital solutions
- Communicate insights and tell stories with data, enabled by visualisation and analytics tools.
- Work on a range of subject areas, including customer experience, supply chain, data management, risk management, fraud detection and forensics.
- Learn continuously and keep up to date with the latest developments in data science methods and tools.
- Gain business experience and domain knowledge, working with subject matter experts across different industries and business functions.
- Be part of a fast-growing practice with a strong global network.
- Work on projects that make a real difference to New Zealand using state of the art methodology and technology.
- Have fun and work as part of an energetic team! We are a team that is passionate about technology and data and we need more like-minded individuals to join us as we grow and expand.
KPMG’s Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of the KPMG business.
Accelerating globalization, growing regulatory and business complexity, and the evolution of tax technology is creating ever-increasing expectations for the tax function to deliver greater value to businesses. We are at the leading edge of this change and this is your opportunity to jump on board and help drive forward this exciting transformation process.
We offer services to companies in response to the impact of existing and emerging technology, including providing valuable insights and overall governance to our clients, as well as assisting them in driving efficiencies within their tax function.
Our advanced in-house tools and solutions have enabled us to win key outsourcing engagements with some of New Zealand’s leading financial institutions. Our extensive client base includes a number of prominent high net worth individuals and well-known brand names throughout New Zealand and internationally. Our experienced Tax team are market leaders in the Property sector, advising all of New Zealand’s listed property vehicles and a large number of overseas property funds. Come join us and help contribute to our success story.
Tax is great if you want to:
- Build a sought-after skill set with deep technical experience and sound commercial knowledge working across a wide range of industries.
- Hone your research and thinking skills, by keeping current in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Be part of a strong global network with varied secondment opportunities both overseas and in New Zealand.
- Have fun and work as part of a vibrant and collaborative team!
Tax – Tracey
Tax – Nickyy
It takes a top-performing team to operate a company of our size and scope. That’s why KPMG employs business professionals who have the experience to complement and support our core competencies in audit, tax, and advisory services.
Our Corporate Services Team is made up of a number of specialist teams including Clients and Markets, Information Technology Services, Risk Management, Finance, Facilities, Operations, and People, Performance and Culture.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to taking on complex, business-critical work that’s as high profile and challenging as our client-facing work. And as the world around us changes, you’ll help us to transform now and for the future.